University College Dublin (UCD), Ulster University (Ulster) and Queen’s University Belfast (QUB) have joined forces to connect Research Managers and Administrators across the island of Ireland.
The initiative commenced in January 2021 to establish an All-Island Research Excellence Network (AIREN) of research support professionals across the island of Ireland and deliver benefits to the HEI and research sector and to those individuals working within the research management and administration space.
Membership of the AIREN Network is free and is open to research support professionals across the island of Ireland. Anyone who wishes to join the network / renew their membership can register as an AIREN member by completing the MS Registration FORM or by emailing email@example.com.
AIREN membership includes many benefits:
- Being connected and part of a professional research management network
- Receiving information and updates on research funding opportunities to support North / South collaboration
- Sharing knowledge and experience of specific funding programmes to support North / South collaboration
- Facilitating introductions to seed new research collaborations and partnerships
- Providing opportunities to widen the dissemination of research impacts and the benefits of all-island research
- Building the foundation for establishing an All-Island Research Excellence Network as a legacy of the AIREN Project
- Interacting with other professional networks through the All-Island Research Excellence Network